Eco Adventures specializes in creating experiential trips to Kenya and the larger East Africa. As our name suggests, our goal is to connect travelers with exciting, educational, ecotourism experiences! Our programs provide sustainable and authentic travel experiences which educate and engage travellers on Kenya’s rich culture and diverse natural history! Every Guide at Eco Adventures is a respectful teacher of the surroundings, paying special focus on local communities and the preservation of natural resources. Kenya is home to Eco Adventures, and with almost 2 decades of experience, we are passionate about designing unforgettable tailor-made nature safaris and adventures.
A small yet dedicated and personal travel company, we are proud to be individual and pride ourselves on our unique product portfolio.
Owner run and managed - we focus on the details, and together with our creative and attentive team, we will work with you to deliver life enriching experiences, with only the most authentic behind the scenes access - that money alone cannot buy! We make sure to include something special from what we call our Salt & Pepper menu , where guests are encouraged to explore and select special activities that will personally enhance their Kenyan experience!
We would love to share our passion for Kenya with you and tell you why we believe it is the most experientially rich in Africa!
We welcome you to share with us beautiful Africa and promise you a truly memorable experience! Journey with us...and let us bring you the most exciting destinations in the heart of Africa!
“Safari by name, safari by Nature” Liz Safari is the Team Leader at Eco Adventures Ltd. Her career in tourism is guided by the principal as put by Gary Snyder that that “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.”
Liz’s personal and professional background is well suited for the Travel & Tourism Industry. Starting at the young age of 15, she has travelled to many places around the region and the world, enjoying diverse cultural and active experiences. She brings a special passion to the industry borne of experience and a desire to see Tourism act as a driver for environmental protection, poverty alleviation and the protection of threatened cultures.
Her 20+ years of business experience, connections, marketing insight, environmental projects, vision and passion for leisure and educational travel have prepared her well to serve and lead as the Managing Director of Eco Adventures Ltd.
Alloys Batsinduka, fondly known as “Batsi”, was born in Rwanda and raised in Kenya – which is now home. He spent all his formative years in Nairobi until completing British style ‘A’ Level education with flying colors. His great passion for wildlife and environment started during his schooling years when he joined the Scouts Movement which eventually turned into a career in tourism. From then on Batsi has worked with several Tourism Organizations & Companies, while also pursuing his other passions in the field of Community Development.
Both interests led to a deeper understanding of the natural history of East Africa and a full time occupation of guiding safaris at a professional level. Batsi’s qualifications include 3 years of formal training at Utalii College, one of East Africa’s best tourism establishments for a career in the hospitality industry. He has attended an Ecotourism training course and also done his Kenya Tour Guides Higher Diploma. Batsi is in the select small number of Kenyan Safari Guides that have qualified in professional guiding in all 4 Countries of East Africa – Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda & Uganda. He has worked as a safari guide in several companies, most of which are among the established travel firms in East Africa and is now engaged with Eco Adventures Ltd as Tour Director .
Throughout his 24 years of safari guiding, Batsi has traveled widely throughout East Africa, doing over 200 safaris as a safari director, private guide and lecturer. Batsi has also been engaged with facilitation for Investment Trade Delegations in East Africa. Batsi is outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, entertaining and above all interested in every aspect of the guest’s safari - ensuring that guests have a lifetime and memorable safari experience.
Batsi has now started writing a book which is purely aimed at furthering guiding skills amongst upcoming guides as well as overseeing his community support programs, as he continues with his professional guiding practice. He is a member of the Kenya Private Guides Association and an active member of Eco-tourism Society of Kenya that is involved in community and sustainable tourism. Batsi is fluent in English and moderate in Spanish and French as well as his 4 native east African languages. Batsi is proud to call Africa home and passionately enjoys sharing his knowledge and experiences of this part of the World, with others.
His personal slogan is “Knowledge is a Treasure but practice is the key to it”. Batsi is married to Angela and they have 2 beautiful Children – a son Gael (10Yrs) and a daughter Nicole (6 Yrs). Batsi is an ardent Football fan and his favourite International Team is Chelsea FC in the U.K premier league. He plays pool in his free time and enjoys reading global current affairs.
Eco Adventures Kenya – Driver Guides Profile
1. Albert Micho ( Lead Guide)
- Professional Driver Guide and Tour Guide/leader with vast knowledge and experience of the East Africa safari circuits in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania.
- 20 Years experience on the job. (Has been with Eco Adv from 2003).
- Multi-lingual and Fluent in English, French & Japanese.
- Silver Level Award / Certification from KPSGA. (Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association)
- Pet Topics are Bird Identification, Wildlife and Plants.
- Good sense of humour – contagious smile. Pleasant, charming, well spoken.
- Favorite pastime “Cratch Rocket” Racer Motorbikes & Ardent Fan of the U.K Arsenal Soccer Club.
2. Jeff Bosire.
- Professional Upcoming Driver Guide with good command of the Kenya safari circuit.
- 04 years experience on the job (Has been with EcoAdv since 2011)
- Bi-lingual English & French.
- Bronze Level Award / certification from KPSGA (Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association)
- Pet Topics are Wildlife and indigenous cultures and is Well versed in all fields of Kenya’s natural history
- Pleasant, well spoken, good customer care skills
- Good sense of Humour and a creative thinker.
- Favourite Pastime is local theatre and the arts.
3. Howard Nyange
- Career Driver Guide with vast knowledge and experience of the safari circuits in Kenya and Tanzania.
- 12 Years experience on the job. (Has been with EcoAdv from 2009)
- Bi-lingual English & French.
- Silver Level Award / certification from KPSGA. (Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association)
- Pet Topics are Wildlife and Geography
- Well versed in all fields of Kenya’s natural history & Deep commitment to conservation.
- Pleasant and well spoken and her favourite Pastime is watching Nature Documentaries
- Ardent Fan of the U.K Arsenal Soccer Club
4. Martin Majali
- Upcoming graduate Driver Guide with a good command of the Kenya safari circuit.
- 3 years experience on the job. (Has been with EcoAdv from 2010)
- Fluent in English
- Bronze Level Award / certification from KPSGA. ( Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association)
- Pet Topics are Wildlife and indigenous Culture
- Great customer care skills.
- Pleasant, charming, well spoken.
- Favourite Pastime is Pedigree dog handling and interior deco & Ardent Fan of the U.K Manchester Soccer Club.
5. Patrick Mwangi (Lead Driver)
- Professional Driver Guide with vast experience in the Kenya safari circuits
- 19 years experience on the job (Has been with EcoAdv since 2002)
- Silver Level Award / certification from KPSGA (Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association)
- Pet Topics are Bird Identification and Wildlife.
- Fluent in English.
- Well versed in all fields of Kenya’s natural history.
- Exceptional adaptability skills with Good sense of Humour and a creative thinker.
- Favourite Pastime is all things Cars and watching Football.